Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Daycare - to do or not to do, that is the question

I was talking with an old supervisor of mine and she asked if I would quit my job and go back to daycare. She'd bring her 3 year old girl and when her son is born then she'd bring him. She said her brother's girlfriend was also in need of daycare. I know that a friend of mine wants to go back to work and would love for me to open my doors again. So that would make 5 kids all under the age of 5. Can we say glutton for punishment??

Even though that seems crazy - I gotta tell you that I am severely tempted. I know that I need to weigh my pros and cons on this - I really miss spending time with kids. Kids are so much easier to deal with than adults! :-) One of the cons is that I would have to rearrange the boys bedrooms again (hate doing that). Money would be more strained for a while. I enjoy doing daycare; spending time with my kids and those other kids, my stress level would prob go down. There are definitely some good sides to this.

I know I'd miss some of the people I work with - I don't even mind the job, but there are some people I could live without. I want to weigh this out cuz I don't want to jump in feet first and end up getting stuck!

I guess I just to put some thought into this. Any suggestions??

1 comment:

Chatterness said...

Go for it, girl! You will be in the comfort of your own home. If it will help your stress level go down, then I say........GO FOR IT!