Monday, March 30, 2009

another ranting

I know we all have that one person who gets under our skin no matter how hard we try - well let me introduce you to my biggest pain in the rear... my mother-in-law.

This woman has been a thorn in my side for the past 17 years and I gotta say that I could definitely live without her, however, she is my hubby's mother and grandmother to my children. Although she acts like neither one.

I'm sure y'all have figured out that we're going through some financial difficulty, so I asked this woman if we could borrow some money. She says she'll see what she can do and then get back to us - that was over 3 weeks ago now. She's not answering our phone calls, our text messages or our e-mails.

This woman has butted into my life on numerous occassions - she told us that we should wait to get married until after I gave birth to my 2nd child (Terry's first)-we didn't wait. Then after we got married and had Josh, she told us that since his oldest sister lost a child the same day Josh was born that we should have her & her hubby be his godparents - which we did (however when I had to go through treatments for my cervical cancer and then couldn't have anymore children she didn't step in to tell oldest sister to ask us to be godparents for their last child).
She makes promises to our kids that she doesn't keep, but will go out of her way for Terry's sisters kids.

Terry doesn't have the balls to tell this woman to quit the crap and stop treating all of us so shittily! I gotta say, I've definitely had enough! I haven't done a damn thing except be the best mom I know how to my kids and be a good wife to my husband - I know that's what I want for my daughters-in-law when the time comes.

How can a mom treat 2 of her kids so wonderfully and then crap on the 3rd? I try my best to treat my 3 boys all the same - I totally understand that no one can love each of them exactly the same way because they're 3 different human beings, but they are definitely loved the same amount.

5 comments:

namaste said...

oh boy. i feel your frustration here. i have now words of wisdom.

((((hugs!))))

keep on being the sweetie you are and try not to let her get the best of you!

hang in there.

deesblog said...

Maria~ Thanks I needed that. You know that sometimes we all just need to let off that steam or possibly blow up!

Sandi said...

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It's really hard when they don't treat your kids the way grandparents should. I went through that with my first mother-in-law. But, in the end, my kids were fine and she was the one who missed out.

It's Me said...

My mom-in-law used to be a thorn in my side. Now she's "a-ok!" She learned quickly not to "f" with me! hee hee

deesblog said...

Sandi~ she is definitely missing out on my boys. They've gotten to the point that they don't believe she is going to show up and do anything with them now. It's kinda sad. They used to get quite upset with her when she didn't show, but now they're like "whatever".

P~ since I do know your MIL, I know that she can be dealt with. Glad she got put in her place!
I emailed you - email me back!!