Sunday, May 6, 2007

Rummage Sale Weekend!!

What a long weekend this turned out to be. Actually it started more like last weekend because I had to sort through all of the stuff I was going to try to sell and price it all. Got that all done and then most of this last week we began setting up in our garage. I cannot believe how long set up takes compared to tear down!

Oh the people that show up to these things. I understand that it's a rummage sale, but come on people - I'm not giving up my stuff without getting at least a few bucks for it. People tried dickering with us over the measliest of $$. I do realize that people do not want to pay top dollar for something that someone else has worn or used, but come on do they have to be such tight-asses??

Well, in the end we made a little $$, got rid of a few things we no longer needed, and made some room in the basement. Overall, I'd have to say we will do this again because there is always more crap to be found in my house that isn't being used and isn't necessary to hang onto. I'm just so glad that for now it's over and I hope that I can force myself to put those goofy little price stickers on the next batch of stuff I chuck into the pile to sell so I won't end up losing valuable time out of another weekend pricing it all.

No comments: